J. S., Framestore CFC
B. M., London Internet Exchange
Advanced Ethernet switch training contents
- Switch review, troubleshooting, diagnostics, L2 traceroute, UDLD, message logging, Wireshark, port mirroring.
Hands on: Troubleshooting.
- Network management
- SNMP, SNMPv3, RMON, Netflow, Sflow. System logging.
Hands on: Managing switches with SNMP. Syslogd.
- Switches and automatic configuration
- Auto-MDIX, LLDP, CDP, Link aggregation, LACP, Link state tracking, VLANS and tags, DTP.
Hands on: Discovery, dynamic configuration.
- 802.1w, new port roles and states, new BPDUs, rapid convergence, topology changes, compatibility issues. L3 redundancy, VRRP, GLBP. Design issues.
Hands on: RSTP, VRRP.
- VLANS: Registration protocols
- Why VTP? VTP modes, how VTP works, VTP pruning. GVRP, MVRP.
Hands on: Dynamic VLANs
- STP variations and alternatives
- 802.1s (multiple spanning tree), regions, rings, L2MP, TRILL.
Hands on: 802.1s
- What is multicasting, Static configuration, IGMP snooping, CGMP, MVR. IPv6 MLD snooping.
Hands on: Multicast through switches
- Storm control, DSCP, 802.1Q, 802.1p, mapping, classification, policy, Ingress queues, Egress queues. Dropping frames, limiting bandwidth.
Hands on: Voice through switches.
- More VLANS
- Native VLANs, Voice VLANs
- Static MAC addresses, AAA, RADIUS, Port based authentication, 802.1x, Guest VLANs, L2 attacks, SSH, HTTPS.
Hands on: Hardening switches.
- NTP, managing the MAC address table, managing system resources. SDN.
Why Choose Us
SNT trainers score an average of over 90% on the three main areas of:
- Ability to teach
- Technical knowledge
- Answering questions
We limit our maximum class size to 8 delegates; often we have less than this. This ensures optimal interactivity between delegates and instructor.
"Excellent course. The small class size was a great benefit…" M.B. IBM
We write our own courses; courseware does not just consist of slides and our slides are diagrams not bullet point text. A typical chapter provides clearly defined objectives with a chapter overview, slides with text underneath, a quiz at the end to check the learning of the students. Hands on exercises are at the end and are used to reinforce the theory.